Rorank is a home grown, leading alcoholic spirits company. Macro level vision is to amplify in-country brand trust and reach, via high grade design and optimal product quality, offered at an affordable price.
- To lead and manage the profitable development of the Business to ensure it achieves its objectives and capture all opportunities for profitable growth; develop an effective working relationship with all stakeholders.
- To provide the vision, leadership and strategic direction that the business needs to achieve its goals, and collaborate with the management team to execute the goals and achieve the mission and vision of the organization.
- The CEO has leadership accountability for all plans (both strategic and tactical) that ultimately result in growing share, volume, profit to meet and exceed set goals.
- In addition to the operational aspects of the business the CEO is responsible for the building a strong winning culture, leading change and building capability in the organization; as well as, managing relationships with key stakeholders.
- The CEO is responsible for all operational activities, organization and market growth. The scope of the role encompasses supply chain forecasting to selling and distribution, finance P&L, infrastructure development, integration of businesses and organization development.
- The CEO will make recommendations on long term strategies for business growth.
- The CEO plans, directs and control activities of the business to accomplish budgeted financial objectives in terms of cash, operating profit, economic profit, ROIC and volume targets.
Leadership & Development
- Creates and clearly communicates organization strategy and vision.
- Evaluates existing strategies and plans against changing competitive and market landscape; evolves plans as appropriate and leads change efforts required to deliver evolved plans.
- Drives and supports a culture of innovation and idea generation that creates winning ideas – sets example for associates to “act as an owner” of business.
- Ensures organizational structure is aligned to needs to the business.
- Creates a culture of high performing teams grounded in the core values that lead to high employee engagement.
- Build people capability. Assess competencies and create development programs to develop employees across the organization. Allocate resources (human, financial etc.) in a manner which maximizes returns across the Company and develops the organizational capabilities, through building the knowledge, skills, work process and human capital. Conducts hiring and terminations, performance and development plans, salary and other compensation programs as necessary together with consultation with the Board of Directors on key appointments and direct reports.
- Motivates, develops, and coaches team and holds them accountable for doing the same with their people.
- Places high priority on capability development to ensure strong succession pipeline.
- Forecasts future organization capability and executes necessary plans ahead of need
- Provides holistic employee value proposition programs that attract and retain talent
- Builds a diverse workforce and leverages the different talents to deliver differentiated results.
Business planning, performance and development:
- Has full responsibility in directing the strategy, development and preparation of short and long term plans and budgets based upon broad corporate goals and growth objectives.
- Prepares strategies and action plans for business growth in agreement with superior and take measures to ensure implementation.
- Oversee quality of product, cost of production, warehousing and maintenance of building, equipment, plant security and protection.
- Responsible for management of the plant operations including manufacturing, logistics & distribution.
- Responsible for leading corporate social responsibility.
- General Management accountability including profit & loss and balance sheet accountability and employing revenue management. Responsible for total supply chain cost, Direct marketing Expenditure, opex including sales opex and sales discounts. Responsible from cash flow and cash considerations (ROI, bank loans etc.)
- Responsible for the profitability of the business.
- Responsible for decision making on important financial matters.
- Achievement of financial targets as set in the business plan.
- Guiding and directing the management team in development, distribution, promotion and sales of the company’s products throughout the country.
- Ensure achievement of sales budget for all brands and packs by timely preparation and implementation of execution plan.
- Ensure product and package availability through properly utilizing and monitoring the sales force and company resources to develop, maintain and increase the outlet base and coverage.
- Protects the Quality integrity and reputation of the company as an obsession.
- Creates a culture where Quality is a consistent agenda point with staff, customer, and key stake holders.
- Implements routines with all teams to ensure the quality agenda in a balanced way.
- Ensures that products, programs, communication and operations conform to governmental and other relevant authority regulations.
- Builds strong relationships with key customers/suppliers that result in understanding of each other’s business strategies.
- Role models behaviours that are indicative of an aligned business with colleagues.
- Proactive in management of relationships with unions/works councils that result in acceptance of business decisions without disruption to day to day plans and long term strategies.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree from a recognized business school.
- Over 10 years work experience working in senior executive positions in the FMCG manufacturing industry with:
- At least 5 years as the head of the organization or business unit.
- At least 5 years working in Emerging Markets.
- Experience leading and implementing plant capacity expansion projects
- Experience leading business expansion and market development.
Demonstrates skills in:
- Leadership Skills
- Core Skills
- Gives compelling direction
- Creates and sells an inspiring strategic vision
- Builds and leads teams
- Leads by example
- Fosters environment of open dialogue and change
- Drives results
- Core skills
- Builds compelling profit stories & unique selling propositions
- Demonstrates skill in negotiation
- Clear communicator
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Building effective relationships
- Develops motivational sales incentive schemes
- Core Skills
- Understands Drivers of Volume and Profit
- Understands the Interdependencies of the different functions
- Ability to Forecast
- Core Skills
- Active listening
- Compelling communication