Dashen Breweries is a major player in the rapidly developing Ethiopian Brewery Market. Our Vision is to be Ethiopia’s Best Brewing Company and our Purpose is to “Delight Consumers, Enrich Communities and Enhance Ethiopian’s Progress”.
Dashen benefits from having both Ethiopian and International shareholders that bring investment and expertise. Our flagship Brand, Dashen is renowned for its great taste and quality. In addition to our Brewery in Gondar, we have finalised building a new leading edge Brewery at Debre Birhan, the first of its kind in Africa. Given the continued growth and future expansion of Dashen Breweries, the following opportunity exists.
Summary of duties and responsibility
The Plant Managers report to the Technical Director who dictates policy and procedures for their respective Breweries.
To Manage and co-ordinates operations of both Breweries (people, plant, process and systems) to effectively and efficiently produce to plan achieving the required standards of product quality, cost and reliability.
Responsibilities include both Gondar and Debre Birhan Breweries, Brewing and Quality Standards, Asset Care, Manufacturing Development, New Product Development, Sustainable Development and Projects.
The Technical Director works at strategic level to ensure all production targets are met and at the same time ensuring all support functions are providing the correct and necessary support to the Breweries to ensure that they can operate at optimal capacity to reach all targets and KPI’s required and agreed by the CEO & Shareholders.
Required qualification and experience
- BSc in Chemical, Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Microbiology, Biochemistry or equivalent.
- At least 15 years of Brewery experience in the area out of which at least six years managerial experience in managing manufacturing plants and people in a team oriented environment. Key is having multi-plant experience and/or that of running an operation of scale 3m hls plus.
- Preferably a Brew Master.
- Good experience of Brewing, Quality, Asset Care, Project Management and New Product Development.
- An MBA would be ideal but not essential.
- A very good understanding of Brewing, Micro and Quality management.
- A good understanding of chemical, mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Good decision making and problem solving skills.
- Committed to the Company development and growth.